The course is organised downtown Helsinki at the Perho culinary school on June 6 to 9 2005.
The participants will stay at Hostel Academica, a summer hotel located very close to the Helsinki Culinary School.
A visit to the Loviisa nuclear power plant is planned on June 10.
Where are these places located?
The hostel Academica is located in the centre of Helsinki at walking distance of the main spots of interest. The Perho Culinary School is in the close vicinty. See the location in Helsinki on the map hereafter. A more detailed street map is called when you click the red-bordered area.
A 350-room summer hotel conveniently located in the centre of Helsinki. It includes a swimming pool and saunas.
address and coordinates of the hotel:
Hietaniemenkatu 14, 00100 Helsinki
Tel +358 (9) 1311 4334
fax +358 (9) 441 201
Visit the hotel Web site (in English)
How to get there
Each participant does its own business to travel to the hotel. The transfer is not included in the price of the EUR course. There are several different ways to get there:
From the airport:
- Take a Yellow Line Airport Taxi directly to the hotel (1-4 persons, around 18€ )
- Take a Finnair Airport Bus (4.90€/person) to the Central railway station and follow the instructions of the next paragraph.
- Take a Regional Transport bus 615 (3.00€/person) to the Central railway station and follow the instructions of the next paragraph.
From the Central railway station:
- Take the tram number 3T (one way ticket 1.80€). If you already have a ticket for regional transport bus from the airport, you can use the same ticket (within next 1 hour) from Mannerheimintie. The closest tramstop called Lasipalatsi, is located in front of the department store SOKOS. Our tramstop called "Kauppakorkeakoulu-The School of Economics", is the second one from SOKOS. The tram turns to the right but keep on walking straight ahead. Turn left to the street called Lapuankatu and go straight ahead so you reach our street, Hietaniemenkatu. Hostel Academica is on your right.
- Take a metro from Central railway station to Kamppi (2,00€). Take the exit on Runeberginkatu-side and turn right. Hietaniemenkatu is soon on your left. Walk down the street and Hostel Academica is on your left side, just before Mechelininkatu crossing.
- Walk 15 to 20 minutes to the hotel.
From Länsisatama/Central bus station (western terminal):
Take a bus number 15 (2.00€/person) to the Central bus station. Walk towards Kamppi metro station and behind the station turn right to Runeberginkatu. Hietaniemenkatu is soon on your left. Walk down the street and Hostel Academica is on your left side, just before Mechelininkatu crossing.
The Perho culinary school is one of the best known culinary schools in Finland. The school facilities will be used for the EUR course and catering,
address and coordinates of the school:
Helsinki Culinary School Perho
Tel +358 (9) 580 7866
fax +358 (9) 406 970 (offices, teachers)
Visit the Perho school Web site (in English)
Preliminary timetable for the technical visit of June 10th to Loviisa NPP. This visit is included in the course price.
6:30 Early breakfast at Hostel Academica
7:00 Departure by bus for the Loviisa NPP
9:00 - 12:30 Visit at the Loviisa NPP
12:30-13:00 Transfer to Loviisa city by bus
13:00 - 14:00 Buffet lunch at Hotel Degerby in Loviisa
14.30 Bus to Helsinki - Vantaa Airport
16:00 Arrival at Helsinki-Vantaa airport. Bus to downtown Helsinki
16:30 Arrival at Hostel Academica
More details later...